2019 Education Award Application
The CIBPA Niagara Education Awards Program is open to full time college and/or university students at the undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate levels. Applications must be Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants permanently residing in the Niagara Region, and of Italian origin. The program also provides assistance for students who are not of Italian heritage, if they are pursuing curriculum majors in Italian studies. Please note that only those who have not previously received this scholarship are eligible to apply.
To be considered by the CIBPA Awards Committee, a candidate must:
1. Have received an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
2. Answer each of the following questions on the application form and submit the completed form, along with the required and supporting documentation in item 3 below, on or prior to June 30, 2019.
3. Enclose the following support documentation with the completed Application Form:
(a) A copy of official transcript of marks as of June 30, 2019. If the student is currently completing their high school diploma, final transcripts may be delayed until July 7, 2019.
(b) Proof of admission that the student has been officially accepted for full-time studies at a recognized
college or university for the academic school year for which this application is being made (i.e., 2019-2020).
(c) A wallet-sized photo (possibly a graduation photo).
(d) With the application, on a separate sheet of paper, provide
i) a typed cover letter or resume outlining your past achievements, community involvement, municipal, provincial, and federal awards of merit or recognition,
ii) your short and long-term goals,
iii) a description of your familial Italian heritage.
4. Provide, if requested by the CIBPA Education Awards Committee, verification of information included in the financial section of the Application Form (i.e., net annual income for the last income tax year).
The selection process is based on the following criteria:
1. A high grade-point average in the last year of studies as indicated by the transcript
2. Description of community involvement, volunteer work, and/or employment history.
3. Description of how financial assistance via a CIBPA Niagara Education Award would be of direct benefit
Please note: Each application is judged on its own merits. While grade points are very important, Education Awards are not necessarily given to the student with the higher average.
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE TREATED AS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
The student receiving the award or at least one parent or guardian MUST be present at the CIBPA Niagara Education Award Banquet held in August. If the student or parent does not attend, the student will automatically forfeit the award.
Please address all correspondence to the attention of:
2019 Education Awards Committee
4025 Dorchester Road, Suite #306
Niagara Falls, Ontario